Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Summer is the season for kids. There's no school, temperatures made for a plethora of outdoor activities, and KidsFest at Dollywood. Every child in America is at least entitled to these three benefits between June and September and every summer calls for a family vacation trip and with KidsFest at Dollywood, everything lines up perfectly.
Dollywood tailors the park specifically for the young'uns during this time. Everything on park is family-friendly, safe-tested entertainment featuring rides for all ages, costumed characters, streetside activities with puzzles and imagination games. The whole family can enjoy the River Battle ride, the whole expanse of Dreamland Forest and much, much more.
KidsFest 2009 includes:
* Journey to the Center of the Earth 4D Motion Ride
* Creature Adventures starring the Kratt Brothers
* Kamp Kidsfest
* Penguin Group USA
* Wandering characters Cas and Walker, Miss Penny and Patches
Posted by About Us at 1:51 PM
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Summer is the season to visit Sevier County. We get millions and millions of visitors each year, and a majority of them visit between May and mid-September. This is for two reasons: A. School's out across the board and when the beach gets too hot and sandy, the Mountains start calling and B. Because ALL the good stuff is happening in between those months.
As a seasonal appetizer (but by all means a full meal of itself), the Blooming BBQ and Bluegrass in Sevierville sketches a drawing of whats to come. Sevierville holds fewer celebrations than Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, so all that energy goes into turning The Courthouse and surrounding downtown area into a family fun center of cooked meats, cool treats and plenty of other eats.
If you have visited the BB&B previously, you know what to expect and are likely on your way over now. If you have not, here is a breakdown of what to expect:
- Largely competitive atmosphere as more than a dozen, maybe even two dozen, cooking teams compete for the best Barbeque in Sevierville. This means a giant spike in terms of quality and no matter who takes home the spoils of victory, the winner is always the same: YOU!
- Constant performances of bluegrass. People in these parts can't get enough, so, hopefully, the TEN hours of performances across Friday and Saturday will help fill that void.
- Family friendly, entertaining and waste-free atmosphere. Sevierville in particular is doing its job to help keep the streets clean for our good city and, hopefully, humanity at large.
BB&B is happening next week on the 15th and 16th of May, 2009, so you'd best get packed and on your way if you want to hit the best Sevierville Summer celebration (5x fast, I dare you) all year. You won't regret it.
Here's a little glimpse at what you can expect to see at the BB&B (thanks to Skeetbait1234 for providing the video.)
Posted by About Us at 12:52 PM